Sunday, November 1, 2015

NaBloWriMo, here we go!

In the writing world, November is NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, where participants spend the month of November writing a novel. Even though I know every year that October is always followed by November, it always catches me off guard and I never have an idea for a novel prepared. 

This time three years ago, caught in the same cycle of forgetting about it until it's too late, I undertook a blogging challenge instead. For every day in November of 2012, I wrote a blog entry. Some were long with a bunch of pictures while others were only a couple of sentences. Regardless of how tired I was or of how blank on what to write I was, I wrote an entry every. single. day. And you know what? It was hard! But, I did it and I felt a little bit better for it. 

So, after a few failed attempts at restarting my blogging, I thought that this would be a good way of trying to get back into it. Instead of NaNoWriMo though, this month is going to be NaBloWriMo - National Blog Writing Month. Apparently I'm not the only person who's tried this before - there's even a hashtag on Twitter about it! It's kind of nice to know that I'm not the only one who's going to be attempting this. 

Okay. One down, 29 to go! Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment