Sunday, November 4, 2012

The holiday season is upon us....sort of

Okay, so I know I said a few days ago that I was hopping on the Christmas bandwagon early this season, but when I was standing in Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday and, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" started playing, I couldn't help but burst out, "seriously?! Already?!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Christmas, but I don't start decorating on November 1st, unlike someone I know...

Anyway, one thing I couldn't resist today though, was the holiday menu at Starbucks. As one of my best friends is in town for the week, we decided to get together for brunch and catch up, so we headed downtown and started the holiday season off right with some delicious hot beverages from one of our favourite coffee shops.

The two treats I look forward to most from Starbucks during this festive season are the Peppermint Mocha and the Holiday Gingerbread Loaf. To me, they signify the start of the Christmas season. So while I might not be able to tolerate listening to Christmas music just yet, easing into the season with two of my two guilty pleasures is just fine with me.


1 comment:

  1. Who's the "someone I know"?! Whoever they are, they sound AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete