Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This Time Last Year...

We're taking a brief hiatus from cooking this week in our Transatlantic Tastes series, due to visitors to our respective homes. And when we cooked last week, my camera died just as I was about to take a picture of all my ingredients, so I don't have a write up about that recipe just yet...but, I decided to blog about food this week anyways!

I was browsing my Twitter feed on Saturday afternoon, and my pal Sarah tweeted that it had been a year since our Indigo Tweetup at LUMA. What a great experience that was! It was so nice to meet fellow food and book lovers, and to come together to talk with people from our favourite bookstore; we all had so much fun. Not to mention the fact that having a delicious meal prepared by one of Toronto's finest chefs, Jason Bangerter, and meeting three of Canada's most well known celebrity chefs, Chefs Massimo Capra, Jason Parsons and Michael Bonacini, definitely made the experience one of the highlights of my Toronto life! The food at LUMA is absolutely to die for. If you ever have the chance to eat there, you mustChef Bangerter is a culinary genius.


We did have a mini reunion in September just before I left for Newfoundland, which Sarah blogged about, and it was so nice to see the ladies again. I'm hoping to plan a weekend trip to Toronto in the next few months, and one thing that will definitely be on my To Do list for that trip? Another meal with my Indigo Tweets ladies. :)

So instead of writing a whole new entry about our fabulous dining experience this time last year, why don't you read about it right here?

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I would be SO down for another Indigo Tweets tweet-up :) Be sure to get in touch when you're in our neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in too! It would be great to see everyone again, as i missed the last reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

    ReplyDelete